AnsweredAssumed Answered

UPDATED: "login_id" doesn't always change via SIS CSV file import

Question asked by Jay Taplin on Sep 14, 2016
Latest reply on May 18, 2017 by rogrant@nmsu.edu

I posted this originally asking if it was possible to change a login id using the SIS CSV file import process because I had a login id for an existing user that was not updating.  However, I tested against another record after posting my question and discovered that other user accounts will update if you put a new login id in the CSV file that is imported.

This discovery causes me to change my question:

Are there known scenarios where the login id won't change to a new value when importing a record via a CSV file (example at bottom of this email).  Please note that if I enter in a different first or last name or a new email address, those will update on this particular record - but the login id does not.

user_id,login_id,password,first_name,last_name,email,status

123456,ChangeLoginToThis,,Joe,Smith,SmithJoe@ourdomain.edu,active

I have tried numerous other login ids (in case there was something invalid about the one I'm testing), and none of them change for this particular user.  If there is one, I am guessing there are others, so I want to find out the reason so we know whether to introduce a manual step into our name change workflow or if there is another route we need to go.

Thank you in advance!

Outcomes