AnsweredAssumed Answered

Are there different versions or package levels for Canvas?

Question asked by Jeffrey Brady Expert on Sep 22, 2016
Latest reply on Sep 22, 2016 by Kona Jones

Are there different versions of or does Canvas come packaged with different software/features for different institutions?

I believe I already know the answer to this question (No, there are not different versions/tiers/etc.), but I wanted to make sure so that I don't give out incorrect information when answering this question, which I actually get asked quite a bit.

As a community college, we have adjuncts that teach for us that also teach full- or part-time at other Canvas institutions such as our local university. I am assuming, based on what I know/have heard that what individuals are experiencing as differences between institutional versions of Canvas are features that have been implemented by the institution itself and not Instructure. However, this is not unique to adjunct from other institutions; somehow, a handful of our own faculty have come to the conclusion (perhaps due to the number of features they lost when we switched LMS's) that we have purchased the low-end or bare-bones version of Canvas to save money, and they ask when the administration is going to upgrade to the full-featured version, so they can gain more functions.

Outcomes