AnsweredAssumed Answered

Problem with a list/sort function for a formula problem

Question asked by Deborah Gaydos on Sep 30, 2016
Latest reply on Oct 1, 2016 by Deborah Gaydos

I was very eager to try applying some of the techniques in James Jones's post, Looking up Values in Formula Questions. I'm trying to write problems for a stats class, and I think my case is actually even a little bit easier than the one addressed in the blog post. My list is the areas to the left of z, over a range of z-scores (for this question, the z scores can range from z=0.10 to z=1.50).

I believe I understand everything in the blog post and felt ready to tackle designing my question. I have produced the comma-delimited list (I use Excel for the values and then pasted into Word and cleaned it up). But, when I try to enter it into Canvas per the directions in James' post, I get the following error:

Capture.PNG

I have tried to determine the issue by test-entering a short list, such as list=sort(5,3,4) or even just sort(5,3,4), and various permutations and variations thereof. Nothing works, I always get this error. I also tried the "reverse" function. I am at a loss for why this isn't working, and obviously, it has stopped me dead in my tracks for the result I am trying to accomplish! I will be tickled pink if I can get this question to work the way I want it to (it opens up soooo many possibilities for using Canvas to test this topic!) but I don't know what to do now. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Outcomes