After seeing the request for SIS information for colleges and universities in another discussion, I realized it would be good to get the collective wisdom of the Canvas Community for our situation. Here goes:
We currently use Rediker's Administrator's Plus as our SIS. It is antiquated and does not integrate well with Canvas. Though I'm going to get heavy push-back from the school's secretarial staff, I feel a need to change in order to get Canvas integrated with our SIS more efficiently.
Some within the Canvas Community recommended PowerSchool as an SIS to look at, but I would like to see what other elementary & middle schools are using at this time and whether it works or not. So, here are my questions, if you please:
- What SIS do you use?
- On a scale of 1-to-5, 1 being completely dissatisfied, 5 being completely satisfied, how happy are you with your SIS?
- Does it do any of the following?
- Online admissions?
- Faculty/Staff Management?
- Fundraising integration?
- Behavior management?
- Student Records?
- Is it web-based or networked?
- How well does it integrate with Canvas?
- Would you recommend your SIS to another elementary or middle school?
- Are you looking into another SIS?
- If so, which one(s)?
Thank you for all your input. I can't wait to see the results!
Doug Joubert firstname.lastname@example.org
Director of Technology
Christian Brothers School, NOLA