How can I create a ranking style survey in Canvas?

Jump to solution
j_kidwell
Community Novice

I'd like to use an ungraded canvas quiz/survey to solicit votes from my class on topics for the second term. This would be ideally a "ranking" style quiz (see here Survey Ranking Questions vs. Rating Questions  for the distinction between ranking / rating surveys) where students would be presented with a randomised list of options and then would be invited to rank those options in order of priority. A bonus would be the option to add a limited number of fill-ins for students to add in ideas that aren't represented on the list I've provided. Is this possible in canvas? I can fake it using a  multiple dropdown quiz (How do I create Likert scale quiz questions?) but this is pretty unwieldy for this assignment as there are 32 options on the list. I tried a bit to see if it is possible to do via a matching quiz but didn't get anywhere. Any ideas out there?

1 Solution

Alas no. I ended up installing an instance of limesurvey and using it as an external tool. The limesurvey implementation is quite elegant actually. Was a bit surprised no one every replied to this query though!

View solution in original post