AnsweredAssumed Answered

What is Jive? (Probably 2 Questions Actually)

Question asked by John Morris on Apr 17, 2015
Latest reply on Apr 24, 2015 by Stefanie Sanders

I feel like I'm drinking from a fire hose here... I started out just exploring the new "Canvas Community" and have spent the entire morning (Oops, it is no longer morning!) It looks like Jive is a third party application that hosts the community questions and discussions much like Canvas is a third party application that hosts the interface for my courses at my educational institution? But somehow, Zendesk, is different -- perhaps used by Canvas employees to track "service tickets" and for use internal to just Canvas? Out of curiosity on Jive, I clicked a download link that is now indexing my Outlook inbox and wants me to connect to Jive. It autopopulates with the link of this community (https://community.canvaslms.com/), but gives an error, "Oops, I couldn't log you in automatically. To log in to Canvas Community you need to first log in to Canvas. We are unfortunately unable to automatically figure out the URL for your login page for you." But, I'm logged into Canvas Community because I'm leaving this message in Jive... so I don't know if I should be logging into my institutions domain instance (the one that got me here) or the Canvas at www.canvas.net? I've tried logging into both separately and together and still get the error.

Outcomes