AnsweredAssumed Answered

How to integrate an uploaded HTML file through an iframe?

Question asked by Michael Marboe on Nov 4, 2016
Latest reply on Nov 4, 2016 by Sean Nufer

Hello,

For one of our courses I've made a sound-button using HMTL, CSS and JS. It works fine but I've been having some trouble integrating it through an iframe into the actual course quizzes. First, I tried using our private webhosting service which provides a direct link to the HTML file that I am trying to show. Nothing appeared inside the iframe when I did this and I'm not sure why, but this does not appear to be a problem isolated to Canvas LMS.

Following this, I tried uploading the HTML file directly to the course files and was now able to include the sound-button in any given quiz but only as a hyperlink that would open a new browser page with the functional sound button on it.

Finally, I opened the sound-button hyperlink and copied the URL from there and finally made it work in an iframe in the course quiz that I was working on. However, the file URL is extremely long and it's a quite tedious process to do this everytime I need to put the sound-button in.

Is there an easier way to get a custom .html file to load in an iframe in a course quiz?

Thanks in advance,

Michael

Outcomes