Amelia Hayson

Creating a Holistic Solution for RTO's

Discussion created by Amelia Hayson Employee on Dec 5, 2016
Latest reply on Jul 5, 2017 by Renee Chamberlin

Firstly, we love Canvas.

But wouldn't it be a whole lot easier if we didn't have to constantly work around a platforms assessment settings that were built for K-12 and Universities?

After regularly posting and reviewing comments on Canvas, it is becoming more and more apparent that the RTO world is only a very small sector within Canvas and that not many people understand the world in which we operate.

Therefore, I believe it is important that we all do what we can to work together to support each others ideas for creating a more VET friendly environment within the Canvas workspace.

Some ideas I have put forward for voting are below. Please show your support in helping me to give VET a voice in this very large community. These will be available in the next voting round. I ask you kindly to keep these in mind (bookmark them).

Locking Feature for Quizzes/ Assignments

(Locking Quizzes/ Assignments that Require Manual Marking)

Build on Last Attempt (Student)

(Allowing the Student to Build On Last Attempt in the Essay Questions in the Quiz Function)

Mark on Last Attempt (Teacher)

(Carrying Teacher Marks from Previous Attempts to Avoid Double Up)

Closing Competent Questions in Quizzes

(Locking Questions for Students Where They Are Deemed Competent)

What are your ideas?

I would love to learn more about how other RTO's are interacting with the platform, and barriers they are facing (and the potential solutions you may have)!

Thanks all

- Am

Outcomes