AnsweredAssumed Answered

Is it possible to bulk download of quiz results, for all students and all attempts?

Question asked by Daniel Folkinshteyn on Dec 6, 2016
Latest reply on Dec 8, 2016 by Daniel Folkinshteyn

Hello!

I wonder if it is possible to bulk-download quiz results for all students and all attempts, for multiple-attempt quizzes? On Blackboard, it is possible to select 'download results' and then get results for all students and all attempts, so I get a CSV file with columns of "student id" "question id" "auto score" "manual score". Is something like this possible with Canvas?

The reason I ask is that my quizzes consist of formula questions, with varying input numbers, and I don't want to force students to redo problems all over if they got a problem correct the first time around. Bulk download allows me to get the results and then 'mesh' multiple attempts together into a best attempt (so e.g., if on a 3 question quiz student answered 1 and 2 correctly on the first attempt, and then 3 on the second attempt, he gets credit for getting all of them correct.)

So I guess, if canvas allows automatic grade meshing, that would be great also! But I know that it doesn't. So next best thing is to grab the raw data and mesh the grades myself for upload.

Would appreciate thoughts, how-tos, etc!

Thank you,

Daniel

Outcomes