AnsweredAssumed Answered

Showing final grades to students

Question asked by Michelle Everson on Dec 17, 2016
Latest reply on Dec 17, 2016 by Ken Black

Hi Everyone,

I apologize if I have missed a discussion about this, or if I have overlooked an explanation about this in the instructor guide.

We survived our first semester of using Canvas!  I learned a lot and will definitely make changes in the spring, and I appreciate how helpful this community has been when we have had questions.  Thank you. 

At the end of our semester, we could easily see student grades appear in our grade book.  We used the Settings function to upload a particular grading scheme, and that worked well.  However, I received many email messages from students about what their final grade was going to end up being.  From what I could tell, the students were only seeing their final percentages in the course and NOT the grades associated with those percentages.  As I'm sure you can imagine, most of the messages I was getting were along the lines of "I am half a percentage point away from an A, will I be bumped up?," or "Am I getting a C+ or a B-?," etc.   I feel we can cut down on those messages if we have a way of displaying the final course grade for students, but I'm not sure if that is an option.  If it is, how do I do that?  Is there a setting I need to check?

Hopefully what I'm asking makes sense.

Thank you as always for your help!

Michelle

Outcomes