In UK we have a requirement across the University Higher Education sector to use second marking as part of the academic rigour of assessment.
My question is this:
How do I set up second marking for an assignment?
- First instructor completes the marking of all student submissions in an assignment and gives grades and feedback.
- First marks are locked off so that they cannot be changed.
- Second marker is notified and can go in to speedgrader in the same assignment.
- Second marker can give their marks and feedback.
- Second Marker's grades are locked off
- Discussion/calculation of final grade to be awarded can take place
- Final (single, agreed) grade is awarded to student
- Final, single, agreed grade is made visible to student.
This process is very common to UK Universities and is a requirement of our operating procedures.
How do other Universities achieve this in Canvas?