AnsweredAssumed Answered

Can quiz answers be downloaded by letter rather than answer text?

Question asked by Eric Hudson on Jan 10, 2017
Latest reply on Mar 15, 2017 by Eric Hudson

I have a quiz that I need to do some special grading on (if they answered a for 1 and c for 2 then they get X pts, but b for ...). When I export the "Student Analysis" report (CSV) the student responses come in as the text of the answer. This is a pain because (1) the answers often have special characters in them that are difficult to decipher/distinguish when I open in Excel and (2) Excel mangles the results because it tries to interpret them as dates/formulae etc. 

Is there any way to just get the student responses as the response letter/number they chose rather than the text of the answer? This would make it so much easier to analyze the file.

Thanks,

Eric

PS  Yes, I know that I could import the CSV into excel rather than just opening it and tell excel to read everything as text so that it doesn't reformat it. And yes I could figure out what the answers are for each question (once they've been converted to weird characters in the CSV file) and then write a lookup conversion in excel to make this a,b,c... or 1,2,3... output. Having started down this path and realizing what a pain it was I was hoping that there was an easier way.  Thanks!

Outcomes