Michelle Pilati Corselli

SUBJECT Line in Discussion and Improved Threading

Discussion created by Michelle Pilati Corselli on Jan 21, 2017
Latest reply on Jul 27, 2018 by Viara Giraffe

Summary

Canvas discussions would be greatly improved if threading was more distinct and posts had a distinct subject line.

Describe your idea

While I suspect most everyone installed the code that was made available to improve the visual distinction of new threads, it's really a poor replacement for really making threading clearer. And the fact that subject lines are not part of posts is crazy. It would be great if all posters were prompted to create a subject line - and NOT one that is auto-populated as a response to the initial prompt. I was shocked that Canvas did not have this functionality and am now having to train my students to create a visually distinct subject line that is unique and meaningful for their posts - it would sure be great to not need to do this.

How will this idea benefit CCC users?

As discussions are generally an element of any online course, the better that discussion is - ease of use for students and faculty - the more we all benefit. If we have more CCC user ideas for discussion, let's combine them and get it into the Community for a vote.

It would be so great to have someone say "it's coming, be patient"...

Outcomes