I am working on a course that has 5 quizzes, each worth 20 % of the grade, built like this:
The exams are cumulative so:
- Exam 1 has questions on sessions 1-3. 25 questions worth 1 point each. 25 points total
- Exam 2 has questions on sessions 1-6, 30 questions worth 1 point each. 30 points total
- Exam 3 has questions on sessions 1-9, 35 questions worth 1 point each. 35 points total....and so on.
I have two issues:
- I can't quite wrap my head around how the number of questions/points for each exam effects the weighting. Or, does it not at all because the weighting is already set at 20% for each exam.
- The instructor is considering dropping the lowest exam score. Would this have any impact on the answer to the first issue?