I was wondering if anyone had any advice on how to set up 2nd attempts/ alternative assignments and the impact on the gradebook total?
1) Students submit to 'assignment 1', some fail and need to resubmit or need to take an alternative assignment. Graded accordingly and feedback given.
2) To handle the resubmissions etc we advise staff to set up an new assignment, and 'assign to' the relevant students only. These are then graded.
Issue - the gradebook total is then incorrect as it is including both assignments.
- We don't really want staff to delete the original grade as that is needed for audit purposes and needs to be clearly recorded.
- We especially don't want to replace the grade with a "0" as that has specific meaning, which is different to being eligible for a 2nd attempt.
- I thought about asking them to move the original grade to a comment and replacing it with "EX" but again that means 'excused' which is quite different.
Would be really grateful for any suggestions as to how other people handle this?