API error

Jump to solution
markpanning
Community Novice

Hello,

I am new to canvas API script writing and have been using a script from the canvas scripts in github called pull_course_grades.php.  I have a course that I want to get the final grade from that has 130 students enrolled. The script I am using is pull_course_grades and has two steps.  Step one to get the list of students enrolled and step 2 to get their final grade.  The first step returns the list of students, but the second step returns an error 'too many students'.  I assume this is telling me I have too many students in the class to return the final grade for.  When I use another course with much smaller enrollment, step 2 works fine.

The question I have is I am not sure how to avoid the error when getting the final grade when I have a large number enrolled?  I have searched the community site, but have not really found how to solve this.  Is there a filter parameter or field that I can limit what is sent back?

Thank you,

Mark Panning

Creighton University

DOIT - Division of Information Technology

Phone: 402-280-2418

Email: marpan@creighton.edu

Tech Tip: "Never Share your password with anyone, ever."

1 Solution
mhp91381
Community Novice

Wanted to report back that I got this, my first canvas script working to pull the computed_final_grade of each student in the rather large course.  Thank you all for your help.

Thank you,

Mark

View solution in original post