David

Native and storyline interactions and video through mobile player

Discussion created by David on Apr 3, 2017
Latest reply on May 7, 2017 by Vu Hoang

Hi everyone, first time poster. I need to do two things that will dsiplay on tablets:

• Embed a video in a page
  • Embed a click reveal interaction in a page.

There seems to be several ways I could go, each with their pros and cons:

HP5 external site – Allows you to create interactive content an display it inside a iframe in CANVAS

• Pro – Range of interactions that canvas doesn’t have internally
  • Con – Content stored on a third party site, which carries risks (unexpected downtime, costs etc)

Use native Canvas interactions like accordion/tabs

• Pro – Content all in Canvas and under your control
  • Con – When you switch between tabs, media from previous tab keeps playing (bug?)

Use storyline and import

• Pro – If you buy a storyline licence you can control all the content/create new content
  • Con – Can’t use the Canvas mobile app because it wont play storyline courses that are imported. Canvas does not support mobile browsers, so only some features work.

Possible solution

• Pro - host storyline content on your web server and link to it. Then it will open in browser from canvas app.
  • Con - User may get confused because they will have to close browser and return to app.

Can anyone please recommend a solution? I need an interaction type where you click a part of an image and it displays a pop over/up that includes rich media. It has to work on tablets. I also need other page types that include video that also have to work on tablets.

Thanks for any help in advance:)

Outcomes