Hi everyone, first time poster. I need to do two things that will dsiplay on tablets:
- Embed a video in a page
- Embed a click reveal interaction in a page.
There seems to be several ways I could go, each with their pros and cons:
HP5 external site – Allows you to create interactive content an display it inside a iframe in CANVAS
- Pro – Range of interactions that canvas doesn’t have internally
- Con – Content stored on a third party site, which carries risks (unexpected downtime, costs etc)
Use native Canvas interactions like accordion/tabs
- Pro – Content all in Canvas and under your control
- Con – When you switch between tabs, media from previous tab keeps playing (bug?)
Use storyline and import
- Pro – If you buy a storyline licence you can control all the content/create new content
- Con – Can’t use the Canvas mobile app because it wont play storyline courses that are imported. Canvas does not support mobile browsers, so only some features work.
- Pro - host storyline content on your web server and link to it. Then it will open in browser from canvas app.
- Con - User may get confused because they will have to close browser and return to app.
Can anyone please recommend a solution? I need an interaction type where you click a part of an image and it displays a pop over/up that includes rich media. It has to work on tablets. I also need other page types that include video that also have to work on tablets.
Thanks for any help in advance:)