Exporting a Course Structure out of Canvas

Jump to solution
kanishka_saha
Community Novice

Hello all,

I need somebody's advice to help me come of out the quandary.

I have a course structure already in Canvas. It is a typical course structure that includes a list of videos, assignments, group discussions spread across several modules. Is there way I can quickly export/download this structure (on Canvas) to an Excel sheet (or any other format) without much effort?

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Thanks for your reply,  @kanishka_saha ‌. The IMSCC file specification was developed by the IMS Global Consortium as a way to move course content into a package that can be used in a course platform. IMSCC files can be used in the Canvas LMS and other LMSs as well (my quick Googling brought up Moodle, D2L, and Schoology as possibilities, although I don't have any hands-on experience with importing course export packages from Canvas into those LMSs). Programs like Excel or Word cannot support such a structure; they are not course platforms, and so are not designed to do so. If you can give us some specifics on how you plan to use these exports, it might help the Community figure out a way to get you where you need to be.

View solution in original post