AnsweredAssumed Answered

User Mgmt Question:  Can Groups be used to enroll job roles into multiple courses?

Question asked by Dee Word on Apr 25, 2017
Latest reply on Jun 13, 2017 by Dee Word

Hello Everyone.  

Pretty new to Canvas and we are absorbing this new technology as quickly as we can.  However, I find myself struggling with a rather simple functionality that I am sure I am doing incorrectly.  However this is the situation.  We have multiple designers, Quality Assurance and Tech Support members that work as teams.  In our old LMS they all belong to their own respective groups.  Whenever a new course was created, we would just enroll the entire group into the course instead of having to enroll each of the team member individually to the course during course development.  I haven't been able to find a way to do this in Canvas yet.  I explored the Group feature but it seems targeted to sharing a group area within a course instead of being a part of user management to quickly add members to different courses to perform their job functions.  Could anyone give me any guidance to how this can be accomplished outside of having to upload a SIS csv for every single course.  I was thinking if we set up a group at the root level, that group could be imported into any subaccount and enrolled into any course.  Is this possible?

Outcomes