AnsweredAssumed Answered

Badges for Canvas Training Sessions

Question asked by Ken Cooper on Apr 27, 2017
Latest reply on Apr 27, 2017 by Ken Cooper

This is mainly directed toBiray Seitz I believe, as she is very helpful regarding the community badges (in addition to being helpful with mostly everything else, of course). 

I have a quick question about the badges for Canvas Training sessions.  I completed a few of the sessions now that my institution has purchased the training package from Instructure, and I have setup my Credly account (using the same email as in the community here) and I see the badges there.  I have used Credly a decent amount now and have tested sharing the badges to LinkedIn and my Mozilla Backpack.  I can see them port to both places, but I can't figure out how to get them to the community here.

For reference, if you are looking at my account specifically, one training I completed earlier this month was the Outcomes and Rubrics.  I have the badge that shows as "Rubrics" on Credly (Ken Cooper -- Rubric Badge), but when I look at my profile in the community it still shows that as something that I have not yet started. There are a few that I have completed and this issue is consistent across all of the trainings.

I know that this really is not consequential to anything, and is very low priority, I just wanted clarification as to whether I am missing a step or doing something incorrectly on my end that is causing this not to work properly.

Overall, I have to say I love the new community badging system and I think that Instructure has done a wonderful job with it!

Thanks for the help!

Ken

Outcomes