Can a test be uploaded into the quizzes on Canvas from a test program such as Exam View Test Manager?
Yes, you can! We use it for District Assessments and some teachers at the campuses use it also. They always review the import but it usually requires minimal modification when imported.
Here are the steps:
1) In ExamView create a test or open a test bank2) Export the test as a WebCT CE 4-6/Vista file which is in QTI format
3) Save the file to your desktop so you can easily find it to import it.4) Open your Canvas course and navigate to “Settings”
5) Click on “Import Content into this course”
6) Select “QTI.zip file” from the Content dropdown menu
7) Browse for the QTI file you saved on the desktop
8) Click “Import”9) Verify that the bank was imported by navigating to “Quizzes” then “Manage Test Banks”
Hope this helps
Hello Shelli Drossel...
I'm not sure about Exam View Test Manager, but I do know that you can use Respondus to batch upload quiz/test/exam questions into Canvas. I wrote a blog posting on this very topic a while ago here in the Community, and you can review it here: Batch Uploading Quiz Questions with Respondus. It's located in the Canvas Admins group, so if you're not currently following that group, you can use the link I've provided and then click on the "Follow" link at the top right corner of the screen. I'd be happy to answer any questions you have if you posted them here or on my blog posting.
Retrieving data ...