Cannot create an assignment for lti2 registered app

mike9
Community Novice

I have been working on implementing LTI2 registration for my app and have run into an issue in Canvas. I can get my tool profile to register properly, but when I use it to add an assignment The form submittal for adding an assignment fails with a 500 Internal Server Error and after that happens you can't even load the assignments page anymore without getting a 500 error. Resetting the course content clears the 500 error on the assignments page.

I have attached the tool profile json

Here is the response when I try and submit the assignment Form

{"errors":[{"message":"An error occurred.","error_code":"internal_server_error"}],"error_report_id":"121975174"}

And now I get a 500 on the assignments page as well:

{"errors":[{"message":"An error occurred.","error_code":"internal_server_error"}],"error_report_id":"121975505"}

I tried testing with the litapps test tool provider as well and get the same issue

Also I would love to know how to configure the tool profile for course navigation like you can configure the XML from 1.1 (The documentation on that is very clear, I wish there was similar documentation for the 2.0 stuff)

Finally I would like to know how to configure the tool profile to have launches go to a new window.

Thanks,

Mike Robellard

Director of Technology, Noggin LLC

Makers of EHR Tutor

Labels (1)
0 Likes