AnsweredAssumed Answered

Ruby 2.4.0 and Rails 4.2.8- reason why install fails at last step?

Question asked by Michael Salmons on Jun 11, 2017
Latest reply on Jun 14, 2017 by Michael Salmons

I am so very close to a production install on my server. Resolved all issues up to the very last step, simply running canvas_init. I get this error:

/home/michael/.rvm/rubies/ruby-2.4.0/lib/ruby/site_ruby/2.4.0/rubygems/core_ext/kernel_require.rb:55:in `require': cannot load such file -- bundler/setup (LoadError)
    from /home/michael/.rvm/rubies/ruby-2.4.0/lib/ruby/site_ruby/2.4.0/rubygems/core_ext/kernel_require.rb:55:in `require'
    from /var/canvas/script/delayed_job:7:in `<main>'

a little background, this is an Ubuntu Desktop install, 14.04.5. I installed Ruby 2.4.0 *only* but sudo ruby -v thought the version of Ruby was 1.9.3. Maybe this comes with 14.04? I know I didn't install it.

When looking for mentions of ruby-1.9.3 I saw a lot of files under .rvm. This puzzles me as I manually installed rvm.

Anyway I changed my PATH entries so the system now considered 2.4.0 the main version. That's when I got the above error.

I don't even know what to check at this point, I have tried a dozen different things from various how-tos and Stack Exchange and Github articles. I would so appreciate some ideas here, just what to check.

If the answer is downgrading Ruby, is there an easy way to do that *and* get rid of the references to 2.4.0?

Thanks a million.

Outcomes