AnsweredAssumed Answered

Reopen a quiz with different settings?

Question asked by Carla Reisch on Jun 12, 2017
Latest reply on Jun 16, 2017 by Carla Reisch

I would like to recreate something that I used to do in Blackboard, and I'm not sure how this will work in Canvas. My students take weekly quizzes, with multiple attempts, highest score retained, correct answers do not show, and close on the due date. However, I would like to reopen those quizzes during a short review period and allow students who have taken the quiz to see the correct answers (they do not show until that point). Also, I want to allow students who did not take the quiz the chance to make it up, but only have one chance to take the quiz. I realize that I can change the settings from multiple attempts to one attempt, but I'm not sure what affect this may have on the other grades. So, here are my questions:

• If I reopen the quiz and change the setting from multiple attempts to one attempt (highest grade), will the grade book still retain the highest grade or revert to their first attempt?
  • Does this limit students to only reviewing their scores (and correct answers) one time? Or can they go back and continue to view the correct answers once they've take it? 

I should also add that I have over 160 students in two courses, so I really do not want to individually add students to the "Assign" box, because with that many students, taking 8 quizzes each, I would be programming an enormous number of individual exceptions. (And I would have to do that twice during the semester.) 

Any solutions or ideas are appreciated!

Outcomes