AnsweredAssumed Answered

Canvas HTML editor overriding iframe width/height

Question asked by Michael Marboe on Jul 13, 2017
Latest reply on Oct 19, 2017 by L Gliddon

Hello,

We are having a major issue which I think is a bug. It's a little difficult to explain, but I'll try my best. 

In short, we've discovered that the Canvas HTML editor is deleting width/height properties of iframes which causes a lot of functional and aesthetic issues on our pages. Does anyone know of a fix for this?

Step-by-step explanation:

1. In our courses and on our sub-pages, we use a lot of iframes to link to external content. In the example below, I have a banner in an iframe (the red banner that says "Flere valg"). When I inserted the iframe, I manually assigned a suitable width/height proportion.

2. When I want to edit the quiz, the width/height proportions remain the same. (note how the iframe box in the rich editor fits the screen size of the editor window).

3. When I go to the HTML editor, the width/height proportions are deleted (or "overridden by nothing"). (note that the HTML code has no width/height properties anymore, but only a link ("src=...")). 

4. Upon returning to the rich editor or saving, the iframe is resized to default (default meaning no (manual) width/height properties). 

This is a major issue and I'm assuming it's a bug as this issue only started happening a few weeks ago. I'm reporting it to Canvas tech support, but I'm hoping somebody can help fast in here. 

Outcomes