AnsweredAssumed Answered

Copying Groups to Instructor Shell

Question asked by Gregory Wells on May 13, 2015
Latest reply on May 14, 2015 by Kona Jones

It is my understanding that copying groups from a development shell to an instructor shell (terms) is not working and that the instructor has to rebuild the groups for each terms.  It is also my understanding that this is open for a fix (vote) based on a posting in the Community (see below).

Post on Community Canvas site:  Idea will be open for vote Wed. June 3, 2015 - Wed. September 2, 2015

I know other organizations are experiencing this issue as well based on the postings in the Community. 

I am not sure how the voting actually works.  Does anyone have experience with voting for a fix on another topic and how long does it take to get the fix in place?  On another note does anyone have a current workaround for the issue of copying groups to the instructor shell?  Finally does anyone know of a reason for why the groups do not get copied?  This seems like a pretty straightforward feature in an LMS.

Any insight to the process is helpful as we use the group feature quite often and to have instructors required to rebuild each term is not a viable long-term solution.

Greg Wells

Instructional Designer

Colorado State University (gregory.wells@colostate.edu)

Idea will be open for vote Wed. June 3, 2015 - Wed. September 2, 2015

Outcomes