Ryan.Seilhamer@ucf.edu

Mobile @ InstructureCon 0017

Discussion created by Ryan.Seilhamer@ucf.edu Champion on Jul 23, 2017

Like every year before, it looks like InstructureCon 0017 won't disappoint. There are many awesome sessions, activities, and secrets in store for all participants. This year looks to be a big year for mobile with Canvas Teacher being the biggest highlight.

Not attending?

If you aren't attending, we'll help you out. There will be plenty of information throughout the community, this group, and on Twitter. I recommend searching #instcon and #mobile on Twitter, especially during my 10:00-10:40 Wednesday session. Our co-admin Kristin Lundstrum who will be at home base in Minneapolis during Instcon, will be facilitating a mountain of mobile tweets. 

Are you attending InstructureCon? 

If so, I'll be there and would love to meet you! Feel free to ping me through the community, Twitter, or during any of my sessions below. If you are going, please comment below! 

If you are attending Instructure 0017, here are some mobile specific sessions I suggest you check out:

Wednesday, July 26th

Canvas Mobile: An App for Everyone

10:00-10:40, Shavano Peak

Presenters: Ryan Seilhamer & Ashley Salter

The Canvas mobile apps offer convenience for students, teachers, and parents, but how can we leverage these tools to create the most personalized experience? This session will consider the Canvas Student, Teacher, and Parent apps, explore real-world scenarios, and help everyone get the most out of Canvas on the go. (This session is intended for a higher education audience.)

The World is Not Enough - Without Mobile

10:55-11:35, Castle Peak 1-2

Presenters:  Ryan Seilhamer

Student success beyond your LMS! Come learn how 007 Agents are creating stunning, engaging, and unique college and university apps with Modo Labs. Whether to enhance student recruitment, improve retention, engage alumni, or achieve other important university objectives, this mission is one any agent can accept. Right out of Q's lab, Modo Communicate can turn any mobile device into the ultimate communication tool. Agents can deliver timely, personalized, trackable and actionable mobile communications.

Canvas Conferences Goes Mobile

10:55-11:35, Divide Room

Presenter: Fred Dixon

Canvas Conferences is based on BigBlueButton, an open source web conferencing system for online learning. The BigBlueButton team will give an update on the product’s features and roadmap, gather your feedback, and demonstrate its mobile version to enable students and instructors to access Canvas Conferences from smartphones and tablets. (This session is intended for a higher education audience.)

iPilot: Embedding Mobile Devices in Teaching and Learning

4:05-4:45, Red Cloud Peak

Presenter: Natalie Norton

The iPilot is an innovative project embedding the use of mobile devices in teaching across seven undergraduate programs at the university. This presentation will explore how Canvas supports the project and will share early findings on the impact on students’ digital literacy, their ability to collaborate with peers, and their learning experience. (This session is intended for a higher education audience.)

Thursday, July 27th

Smartphones, Tablets, & Laptops, Oh My: a Mobile-First Approach to Implementing Canvas

10:55-11:35, Torreys Peak 3-4

Presenters: Richard Crowley

With a mobile-first mindset, we embarked on integrating the Canvas experience with our institutional mobile apps. We used the Canvas API to provide an engaging, seamless, mobile student experience as we launched Canvas to our institutions. Learn what we’ve done, what we’re doing, and where we’re going.

Introducing Canvas Teacher: The Next Step in Mobile

2:30-3:10, Red Cloud Peak

Presenters: Peyton Craighill, Ryan Seilhamer

Boost your productivity with the new Canvas Teacher mobile app. Come learn about the new grading, messaging and content editing capabilities within the palm of your hand.

Outcomes