JAMES SHELDON

How do I remove "artifact" dates from previous calendars that are in my new syllabus?  Answered.

Discussion created by JAMES SHELDON on Aug 16, 2017
Latest reply on Aug 20, 2017 by JAMES SHELDON

I have imported a class from a previous semester and elected to "keep everything" except the dates.  New dates were entered for the present class.

In the "syllabus" part of what I see is that the "assignments" are there in correct order and such but there are also "artifacts" in the form of dates from last semester such as: "spring break" and the present class is in the fall.

When one clicks the "spring break" one is take to the present date in the calendar.

When one arrows through the months to the "spring break month" there is no such item in the calendar.

The solution is not self evident.

Click edit for the syllabus page.

Click one such spurious date and one is taken to the present month in the calendar.

On the right hand side of the month view of the calendar, for THIS USER, one sees

a) month view

b) a listing of classes that are maintained with at least one highlighted in black for this user ( active at this time)

c) Below that is the word "UNDATED" in bold black.

d) click the word UNDATED and one is presented with a listing of "things in the calendar" which do not have an actual date attached.

e) click one of the items of which one is SURE that it is not real.

f) an interactive menu box appears with a question about whether one really wants to remove it.

g) click yes and the artifact date disappears from the syllabus page.

NOTE TO MODERATORS, if there is a "real term" or "an alternate term" for what I call an "artifact" which some people might use for a question please modify the tags to reflect that.

As usual, if anyone has comments or questions, please so do.

James Sheldon

Outcomes