AnsweredAssumed Answered

How to award Credly badges within Canvas

Question asked by Bonni Stachowiak on Aug 19, 2017
Latest reply on Feb 19, 2018 by Jonathan Yoder

I have read over 20 posts about digital badges in the Canvas community and am grateful for all the expertise shared. However, despite searching extensively, I seem to be unable to find anyone who has shared about how to award a credly badge from within Canvas. 

There was a big announcement in January of 2017 about a new LTI integration between Credly and Canvas. However, there don't seem to be any materials that support these new features. It looked like maybe Jared Ward was going to be giving a Canvas LIVE session on this topic, but I was unable to locate that, at least not specifically regardling Credly. 

I seem to have integrated Credly in my Canvas class and passed the token and authentication codes over. However, regardless of whether we're talking about an assignment, or when viewing the 'my credentials' - I don't seem to be able to see anything except for this screen. 

You are now signed in to Credly

I have no idea where I would indicate what the requirements are for a badge (within a module), or for a specific assignment. My colleague keeps suggesting that we look more closely at badgr, since the documentation for that seems to be abundant. However, I was really appreciating that Credly doesn't require admin access to leverage the LTI features and Badgr does. It also looked like with Badgr, emails were required to set it up on a test site (which I know our Canvas admin will insist on), which then adds more complexity to us getting started with it. 

Does anyone have guidance on how to indicate the requirements for awarding a Credly badge from within Canvas? 

Thanks, in advance, for any help you can provide me. I'm exhausted from searching... 

-B

Outcomes