My name is Alexis Alexander. I am a doctoral student at Northcentral University, located in San Diego, CA. I am conducting research on professional development and online teacher training in the California Community Colleges (CCCs).
My research project is a Delphi Inquiry. If you decide to participate you will be a part of a panel of experts in distance education in the California Community Colleges. I will ask you about your experiences and recommendations about teacher training programs for online instruction.
To participate in the study, you would:
- Attend an initial online interview to review your participation in the survey and electronically sign a consent form.
- Commit to complete the entire process which would take place over a six-week period and take approximately a total of 2 hours of your time.
- Fill out a series of three online questionnaires that contain open ended questions about online education in the CCCs.
To be eligible for this study you must:
- Be currently working in the CCC system as a faculty, staff, or administrator.
- Have at least 3 years of experience with planning, designing, or conducting training for online teachers in the CCCs.
All of your responses will be confidential and none of your identifying information will be shared or appear in the final report of findings. The goal of this research is to compile an overview of expert opinions about teacher training in the CCCs for online teaching. I think that the results would be of interest to many teachers and administrators in the CCCs who don’t necessarily have the “big picture” on this issue state-wide. I hope that you will take the time to participate.
If you have questions for me, you can contact me at A.Alexander4787@email.ncu.edu or phone 510.875.9520. If you are interested, please complete this brief Google form Demographics Information for Dissertation Research with your contact information.