Daniel Russell

Canvas Teacher App -- pencil instead of paintbrush

Discussion created by Daniel Russell on Aug 29, 2017
Latest reply on Mar 28, 2018 by Michael Murray

For the past two years - ever since the first announcement - I have been anxiously waiting for the release of the Canvas Teacher App so that our faculty and grad student TAs can finally use an iPad and stylus to write comments on student submitted work. Overall I am pleased that Canvas Teacher allows us to hand write comments when grading. However, the only available "drawing" tool is a paintbrush, which draws lines with varying thickness -- and with the paintbrush took it is rather difficult to write words clearly by hand, especially if you want to write small.

I would like to request (beg?) for a simple "pencil" drawing tool that would allow us to use a stylus to draw with a thin line of constant thickness -- so that we can simply write comments, draw math steps, mark up math work, circle something, etc. on student work. Any other drawing or annotating app designed for use with a tablet and stylus has a simple pencil (thin line) option. Please add this to the next update of Canvas Teacher (but please don't make us wait 2 more years).

#canvasteacher_new

Outcomes