With the Speedgrader and Canvas apps, and given that Canvas unofficially works on Safari and Chrome mobile browsers, which instructor tasks should NOT be attempted on an iPad?
Here's a preliminary list:
- Speedgrader app
- Can’t upload files to student assignment comments (this is most often used when a student emails you their paper rather than uploading on Canvas)
- Doesn’t display Google Doc submissions when grading…no way to view in the Speedgrader app…would have to open the Canvas app or use a mobile internet browser
- Canvas app
- Can’t create a new Assignments and Quizzes
- Uploading documents is unintuitive (need to find file in another app and then choose “Open in” Canvas)
- Doesn't support Conferences, Collaborations, Outcomes, Course settings
iOS internet browser
- Although possible, use of Canvas from a mobile web browser is NOT officially supported by Canvas – unclear which features will or won’t reliably work
- Anything that requires Flash won’t work (uploading Word/PDF/PDF’s; recording & uploading media into Announcements, Pages, Conferences)
In your experience, are there additional instructor tasks to avoid when using an iPad?