AnsweredAssumed Answered

Linking Courses

Question asked by Maci Devaney on May 19, 2015
Latest reply on May 23, 2015 by Maci Devaney

I am currently working on updating our high school DCT and OJT courses, which are two separate full year courses that are always taken together to allow students to earn credit for working a job. DCT contains the course content and assignments while OJT is where students submit their timecards, but keeping students on pace in both can be difficult as we cannot set prerequisites for the other courses assignment and cannot use the due dates because we have year round rolling course enrollments. Since they are taken together, I was wondering if there was a way to link these two courses so that if a student submits an assignment in one, it also displays the submission or records the grade in the other. It would be awesome and much easier for the teacher to track progress if students were just submitting in one course shell, but we need to have a record of the timecard submissions copy into OJT. While this is a specific example, I am sure there is a more broad description for what I am trying to accomplish-- maybe a homeroom course?

Outcomes