AnsweredAssumed Answered

How can I modify text on the course settings "Apps" tab

Question asked by Christopher Casey on Sep 15, 2017
Latest reply on Nov 15, 2017 by Christopher Casey

We'd like to modify (or add to, at the very least) some of the default "bolierplate" text on the course settings Apps page to better explain to our teachers what they see there is not a full list of available (we use the whitelist to only show only our "approved" apps), and how they can view the whole list and get new apps approved through our university process.

I've tried modifying the text using the jquery .append and .html commands, which only seem to work the first time the apps tab is opened (and also causes it to be the selected tab when you slick on the course settings menu).  If you navigate to another tab and then come back to settings, it fails.  I think I need something more advanced for this, but I'm not sure how to do it.  James Jones mentioned something about MutationObservers in a different discussion about modifying other things before, but I'm really unclear how to use them (the examples I'm finding through Google aren't really helping me understand what I should be doing).

Has anyone done anything similar to this, maybe have some sample code they could show me or anything?  I'd be super appreciative!

-Chris

Outcomes