Stuart Ryan

Tags, tags and more TAGS! What would help you?

Discussion created by Stuart Ryan Champion on Sep 22, 2017
Latest reply on Oct 18, 2017 by Stuart Ryan

On the back of our panel discussion at CanvasCon, and a few discussions recently, the topic of the Tags used in the APAC group is a hot topic.

From the areas I have seen so far, there are a few areas where Tags come into play. The APAC group has the following tags listed: 

client group, vet, new zealand,australia, apac, rto, asia,asiapacific

These tags are group wide, and help finding the group in the first place.

Aside from this, each piece of content uses tags to help sort/filter/search as well. It would be great to come up with some standards that we can follow to help findability of content. Some of the points I have had raised to me include:

1. There should be a tag to ascertain if the content is for APAC in general, and not specific to one type of institution such as HigherED, K12 and so on.
  2. We should expand tags to include different institution types. Those that I know off the top of my head include Higher Education, VET, RTO, K12 (are there any I am missing here)
  3. I would like to ensure we see what is used outside of the APAC community already, and try to align to this as best as possible for consistency. So, after everyone adds their thoughts, I will do a bit of research on what is out there already (within APAC and community-wide) to suggest some possible tags.

So, for everyone in APAC:
1. What are your thoughts on the APAC Group Tags (to find the group), is there anything missing, and what would you like to see?

2. What are your needs for tagging to help finding content relevant to you, do they match what has been raised above, do you have any others?

Outcomes