AnsweredAssumed Answered

Allowing students to see quiz results ONLY after the last time they take it.

Question asked by Javan Mesnard on May 24, 2015
Latest reply on May 24, 2015 by Kona Jones

Currently Canvas allows quiz settings to limit students seeing the correct answers until after a specified day (i.e. until after the quiz deadline).  This is a great feature as it better prevents students from copying answers of their classmates who have seen the correct answers immediately after they submit their exam.

However, I allow my students to take quizzes multiple times.  Unfortunately, if I choose the "Let Students See Their Quiz Responses" option, then they see which SPECIFIC questions they get wrong after each attempt.  I only want them to see which SPECIFIC questions they get wrong after their LAST attempt.  Otherwise, with multiple choice tests, as most of mine are, students can keep guessing on each answer and, by process of elimination (since they know which specific questions they get wrong each time) guess their way into the correct answers.  Even when I select a specific date (i.e. after the quiz deadline) to show the correct answers, they can see which questions were wrong and keep selecting different answers from the multiple choice options until they get the question right.  This undermines the whole purpose of them not seeing the correct answers until after the deadline.  They can figure them out through the process of elimination with each subsequent attempt.

Sooo.... Is there a way to set it up to where they only see the total number of questions right/wrong without seeing which SPECIFIC questions are right/wrong until AFTER the last time they take the quiz or until after the specified date?

Outcomes