Sylvia: Use of Canvas for non-SIS courses
"Non-SIS" courses means courses that are not part of your official curriculum (not on your course schedule).
- How does your campus handle or approve requests?
- What type of workload does this add?
- What are some of the uses for the courses? For example, profession development and student clubs.
- Do you have people enroll via the open enrollment option or does the Canvas admin load enrollment for them?
- How is help support handles? Both for training, questions, and tech support?
- Are these courses reviewed for quality, Accessibility, copyright?
- Tracking: Who keeps track of these courses, the requests, usage, support time?
- What type of naming conventions do you use to distinguish these courses from others? SIS ID, separate subaccount or term?
- How do you handle adding users that aren’t in your SIS?
Kim: Just a quick search on campuses who have something in place for non-SIS/course related courses: