Jack Graves

Links Across Courses

Discussion created by Jack Graves on Oct 12, 2017
Latest reply on Oct 20, 2017 by Nicholas Jones

I am working on a program in which faculty will collaborate in teaching multiple courses (each with different core subject matter) by integrating and cross-referencing certain coverage elements. Ideally, we would like to be able to create links to concepts previously covered in one of the other related courses (much as one might do in linking back to previously covered concepts in a single course). I can't see any way to do this in Canvas (unless I've just missed it), and I have also searched for existing Ideas or previous posts on this issue, but have found nothing to date.

(1) Is there any way to do this directly within Canvas (perhaps that I have missed)?

(2) If not, is anyone aware of any third-party software that might facilitate this process?

(3) If not, does anyone else see any value in this functionality such that it might be worth posting as an Idea? I am focused on integrating different courses in a program of legal education, but it seems to me that other professional schools might also find this useful.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

Outcomes