Description of the Bug:
- When testing out the new Grade History feature in the new Gradebook, I realized that it only appears to track one change entry per day (although it does appear to properly track grade changes that are from different days). This seems less than helpful and arbitrary, not only because it makes the tool less useful, but also because this is unexpected and would fool the user who would be relying on it.
Steps to Reproduce:
- Activate the new gradebook in a Canvas course
- Make sure you have "students" and assignments for this course
- Change a grade for a student
- Without waiting until the following day, change that same grade again for that same student
The grade history log would reflect both grade changes as separate entries, clearly indicating the before and after grades.
The grade history log only reflects the most recent grade change, and the earlier grade changes appear to be lost. It appears that the only way to log multiple grade changes is to change them on different days (which is definitely not a great workflow.