Description of the Bug:
- The new grade history log allows the user to easily revert a grade to an earlier entry. This is great, however, the most recent grade history "after" entry allows the user to "revert" to it, even though this grade is already the most recent grade. This is pointless and confusing functionality. It appears that this occurs because the website doesn't distinguish between the most recent grade change entries and older grade change entries in the grade history log (for which this functionality would be desirable).
Steps to Reproduce:
- Activate the new gradebook in a Canvas course
- Make sure you have "students" and assignments for this course
- Change a grade for a student
- Go to the Grade History log
- Expand the changes you just made by clicking on the down arrow next to the most recent grade change
- Mouse over an "after" grade change
No functionality would be possible because the grade is the current grade
The "Revert to this grade" functionality appears, allowing the user to "revert" the student's "Current" grade, to the current grade. This is pointless functionality because in this case it does nothing. This can confuse the user who may be expecting a task to be performed, when, in fact, nothing will be happening.