Video - Autoplay and Loop

Jump to solution
lumleysm
Community Novice

Is it possible to autoplay and/or loop a video using a function in canvas or html?

2 Solutions
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @lumleysm ...

I guess it may depend on where the video is coming from.  If it was a video on YouTube, for example, I was searching the Internet to see if I could find any code, and I did find a snippet that you could add to the embed code to autoplay a video, but the suggestions for looping weren't working when I tried them in my own Canvas environment.  I tried looking for autoplay and looping options in YouTube videos, but I wasn't able to find anything (unless someone else knows where they might be).

Vimeo, on the other hand, has options of autoplay and looping available when you harvest the embed code...so that's pretty handy.

If you could let us know where the source of your video lives, that would be helpful.  Thanks!

View solution in original post

katie_hilker
Community Novice

Thanks to Covid-19 and the move to remote learning, I was looking for an answer to this exact question. I found a youtube video that walked me though how to embed and autoplay a video into a Canvas assignment for my 6th graders, and lo and behold, it worked. The link is: https://www.google.com/search?q=how+to+autoplay+a+youtube+video+in+html&oq=how+to+autoplay+a+youtube...

View solution in original post