AnsweredAssumed Answered

Are attributes in HTML tags being ignored for some reason?

Question asked by Maria Cristina Berisso on May 28, 2015
Latest reply on Sep 3, 2016 by Linda Delzeit

I am trying to force more space between a picture and the words that appear to its right, so I initially got into the html editor for the canvas page, and inserted the simple (html5 valid) attribute hspace in the image tag requesting a fixed number of pixels (7). After saving the page, I noticed no difference with before, and got to the HTML editor again to find if I had misspelled something. To my surprise, the full attribute I had inserted was not there any longer, it had been removed. I tried for several minutes to make sure that my typing was correct, but after saving the changes I will have always he same problem. After fighting with this for a few minutes without any success, I decided to do it via "local styles" and included a padding-right of 7 pixels. As nothing was modified in my page, although this time the attribute was accepted by the system (not removed as before). I have tried multiple ways of using styles to force a space (including margins) but with no response from the system, the style I type is just being ignored. Has anyone succeeded with this simple task of adding space? What is the trick? What could I be doing wrong? Are attributes in HTML tags supposed to be ignored?

Thanks for any help and/or guidance.

Cristina (new user)

Outcomes