Josh Keegan

Canvas Community Mobile App

Discussion created by Josh Keegan on Nov 15, 2017
Latest reply on Nov 16, 2017 by Stefanie Sanders

I'm reasonably recent to the Canvas Community and I have been slowly getting around, looking at things, asking questions, learning how to maximize the functionality of Canvas etc., etc.

The Canvas Community is a great place with a wealth of knowledge, build a profile and connect with other members from educational institutions around the world.

So, is there a Canvas Community App in the works? 

I know this is a big ask given the volume of content available, but having your own profile and access to push notifications/alerts would certainly allow us Canvas Community members feel more like a community.  

This seems like a reasonable place to start, with links to the Canvas Community and knowledge base from the App until someone comes up with a more effective idea on how these can be managed.

Reason: I received email notifications on replies to comments I made and I only was able to access them when I arrived at work (I only have a work account linked to my Canvas profile).  I know I could put in a number of work-arounds to get messages more quickly, but in an App driven world this would be a nice value-add for community members beyond competitors all whilst feeling connected.

(I'm sure I'm not the only one who has thought of this)

EDIT: I just worked out how to create an idea open for voting (I told you I was new at this!)  You can find it here Canvas Community Mobile App  and vote.

Outcomes