AnsweredAssumed Answered

How do I combine course sections?

Question asked by Jesse Anderson on Nov 19, 2017
Latest reply on Nov 21, 2017 by Kona Jones

I teach college AutoCAD, Revit, and Architectural Design courses. For the upcoming Winter 2018 quarter, I have two classes for each of the subjects (as two distinct course numbers/catalog items). My question, which has probably been asked and answered before is fairly straightforward...

How do I combine all the students from both AutoCAD classes (again two distinct catalog item numbers, but taught on the same day at the same time) into one AutoCAD class? 

The main reason is simple: I would rather group all the students together from both classes into one Canvas course so that I can track their grades easier, reduce repetitive tasks, and when editing any course assignments, quizzes, etc, I only have to perform these functions once, covering everyone.

Again, sorry if this seems like a newbie question to ask, but the Guide seems to only cover inviting students to a course, not combining sections. Thank you in advance!

Below is a screenshot of my course screen...

The blue lines I added indicate the courses that are taught in an identical fashion, using identical Canvas course work.

Outcomes