[Introduction to bug, if necessary here]
Description of the Bug:
- When I manually assign a "missing" status to a student's assignment and then message students who haven't submitted, the student I manually assigned the "missing" status to is not included in the list of people who haven't submitted. Similarly, when I manually eliminate the missing status for a student, the student still shows up in the "message student who haven't submitted" list.
- I have a student who has a concussion and is not able to do her work electronically. She has submitted paper copies of her work. Since she is not turning in a digital copy of the assignment, Canvas marks it as missing. I, however, undo the "missing" status. When I attempt to message students who haven't turned in the assignment, she still shows up in the list.
- Similarly, I had students submit a Google doc with me via shareable link. Some did not give me access to the document. I thus want to mark the assignments as "missing" and send them a message (along with everyone else who didn't submit the assignment). When I attempt to message students who haven't submitted, it doesn't include the students that I manually designated as "missing".
Steps to Reproduce:
- Manually assign a student a missing grade.
- Select "message students who" and then select "haven't submitted".
- Notice that the student for whom you assigned the "missing" status is not included in the list of students to message.