AnsweredAssumed Answered

How can students easily access/view the submissions that other Group members submit/upload to a Group Assignment?

Question asked by Michael Maguire on Nov 30, 2017
Latest reply on Mar 28, 2018 by rogrant@nmsu.edu

I've set up a Group Assignment.  It's a semester-long project.  There are twelve groups, of 4-5 students per-group.  It's a multi-faceted assignment, requiring all group members to submit/upload (at least) several files for my review/assessment/grading.  We're at the end of this first semester that we've been using Canvas.  Students - from the same Group for a Group Assignment - are submitting their deliverables - uploading their files.

For reasons beyond any of our understanding (students and me), Group members are not able to see each others' submissions.  This would be a common sense feature of any LMS Group Assignment (easily accomplished in other LMS systems we've used).  A logical design for a Group Assignment is for students to have immediate access to view the other Group members' submissions to the Group Assignment.  This is essential for the efficient submission of the 15+ documents (total) each group submits - I even included a Checklist for them to use to monitor/confirm their timely and accurate uploads of all the project's deliverables.

I/we assume we're missing something (my students and I, that is).  Please, tell me we're missing something that should be intuitive/obvious.

QUESTION:  How can students easily access/view the submissions that other Group members submit/upload to a Group Assignment?

Thanks for any assistance,

Michael Maguire, Faculty Associate

UW-Madison School of Human Ecology

Madison, WI

mcmaguire@wisc.edu

Outcomes