AnsweredAssumed Answered

Order of sections in Gradebook II

Question asked by Gerald Q. Maguire on Dec 28, 2017
Latest reply on Apr 12, 2018 by Gerald Q. Maguire

I love the new gradebook II, but I am curious why the list of sections seems to be in numerical order (of creating them) and not in alphabetical order. In "Settings" for the course the Course Sections are shown in something close to alphabetical order, as shown below:

• Degree Project at the School of Information and Communication Technology - Second Cycle( 385 Users )
  • 2017( 0 Users )
  • B*, B* (where the "*" is a elision of the name)
  • B*, M*
  • B*, H*
  • C*, J*

While the gradebook shows:

View of the list of sections in the gradebook

I would have thought that the list of sections in the pull-down would be in alphabetical order. Is there a way to change this (at least for names with a "," in them - that represent the teachers in the course)?

As I entered the names of the teachers manually to create the sections and did so from my initial test course, my name and one of my colleagues are first and second and then the others are in the order I entered them. This makes it difficult for a teacher to look up their name. (I know that for most teachers they will only have to do this once, but for some who have several roles - they will have to do this repeatedly.)

Outcomes