AnsweredAssumed Answered

Having issues with Office 365 External Tool in Modules.

Question asked by Kevin Wagenmaker on Jan 30, 2018
Latest reply on May 30, 2018 by rogrant@nmsu.edu

Hey all!

My institution recently switched to OneDrive/SharePoint cloud storage for all of our files. With this comes the beauty that is the O365 Canvas Integration. Now that instructors have their files in OneDrive they are able to easily share their course items directly from OneDrive. I have worked with many instructors so far to change over their module files from Canvas files to OneDrive Integration external tool files. It's been awesome! Students/Instructors can view the OneDrive files directly within Canvas. Also, Instructors now realize when they need to change something in a module file they don't have to go through the process of removing the file, updating the file, saving the file, re-uploading the file (and re-adding). They just go over to their OneDrive, make the update and it reflects in Canvas. 

But there's a problem - at least for us. 

When we do course copies for a new term, those external tool items in the modules copy over...but when you click to view the items they do not ever attempt to load. Just a blank, white Canvas page loads. Not good. The work-around per Instructure Support is to re-add the course items. That's not good. 

I've contacted our CSM. She is working to escalate the ticket. I don't think this falls under a feature idea...but rather something that I really hope is attended too before faculty is looking for course copies when Summer term starts...and to a greater degree Fall term. 

Anyone in a similar boat?    

Outcomes