I've been doing a lot of work with rubrics lately, and there are several things that would make life lots easier. Here's my list...what's yours?
- First, I do have James Jones's great scripts for importing rubrics and for sorting the current course to the top of the "find a rubric" dialog box. These are lifesavers!
- I really wish that dialog box would sort the same way - preferably with the current course at the top, then alphabetically - every time. Even if it were random order, if the order would stay the same, then when I'm trying to import multiple rubrics, I wouldn't have to hunt for the source course over and over.
- I also wish that dialog box defaulted to just a bit bigger! Five scrollbars in one popup is hard to wrangle.
- If it were just a skosh bigger, I could see the "Use this rubric" button without any scrolling:
- I wish the "Use this rubric for grading" box were checked by default. I don't think I've ever attached a rubric and NOT used it for grading. But even more importantly, if I'm trying to re-use a rubric, here's what happens:
- I search for the rubric and import it.
- I am automatically taken to the view where the rubric appears - but I haven't had a chance to check the "use this for grading" box. (If I check it before importing, it unchecks.)
- So I click "Edit," which is the only way to get the "Use for grading" box to appear, and I quite often get a warning that I'm not allowed to edit the rubric; I can only make a copy.
None of these are dire faults of functionality - but they sure would make life a lot easier!