JAMES SHELDON

smart phone to Canvas to student it all works - a commendation.

Discussion created by JAMES SHELDON on Feb 5, 2018

This is just a compliment but also a mention that the whole system is now working, phone to Canvas to student and verification back to the teacher.

I was nodding a little while reading a novel that a student had recommended and received a notification from the college that "the college is closed tomorrow due to the ice event" which I could see at a distance because the college's emergency notification system.

Well, i couldn't get up enough energy to actually arise from my chair and walk over to the computer...I mean... probably 9 feet! lol

I keep my phone at a distance when not using it so i reached over to get my Samsung S5(tm) smartphone and hit the "Canvas instructor"(tm) app button,  kinda orangey for me...

Went to Announcements and posted a notification that I would be doing a follow-up upload in Modules the following morning and...received an e-mail notification that I had made the post.

Went to e-mail and sent an e-mail to the class ( and to myself as instructor ) that I would be posting a follow-up in modules to an assignment tomorrow and also added in some details that I did not put into the announcement...and...

wait for it....

did it all by TALKING to the phone!!!

I put the phone back and resumed reading the book..lol....

Canvas really is, in the opinion of this humble person.... now a bookend to bookend system..

I am sure that there are other people who are much more of  power users than I that could post other commendations and they are encouraged to so do.

just a thought, of little worth.

james

Outcomes